What follows is a list of items our IT department would like to have donated. It is non-exhaustive, but if you have other hardware you would like to donate, or would like some clarification, please contact the IT director at email@example.com, to see if we can use it.
- 3.5" SATA Hard Drives, any capacity. Please verify there are no SMART errors.
- PCI Express or USB Recording DACs (e.g. Focusright Scarlett 18i20)
- Managed Gigabit switches (at least 16 port; prefer 24 or 48 port).
- DDR3 RAM (both ECC and non-ECC, both DIMM and SO-DIMM; not FB-DIMM)
- SATA DVD-RW Drives.
- Narrow-SCSI (50-pin ribbon cable) CD-R Drive.
- 2.5" Disk Caddies for Dell Poweredge 8-10th Gen servers (e.g. Poweredge 1950).
- 3.5" Disk Caddies for Dell Poweredge 11th Gen (or newer) servers.
- Rackmount servers, such as Dell Poweredge 10th Gen or HP/HPE DL Gen7, or newer.
- Prefer at least 8GB of RAM, included HDD Caddies, and Rail Kits
- Best over 16GB RAM and Dual Intel Xeon Processors.
- These are from 2010 or later.
- Monitors, at least 1050px vertical resolution.
Below is a list of items our engineering staff would be interested in having donated. It is also non-exhaustive; you can contact the Chief Engineer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Small-diaphragm condenser Mics
- Normal condenser Mics
- Windscreens for SM57s
- A Shure Beta 52A
- Disc Washers (for vinyl)